Well thank you for looking at the before getting mad, I appreciate it greatly. And i wish that were possible, sadly tumblr doesnt work that way, lol. Even a 5 minute response time is too slow.
One of the neatest things at the flea market. The clock works
this is why I love wayne brady.
I'm very glad that I came on your page and read all of your explanations before getting mad about that post. It sucks that you can't just delete things you post and have the post deleted everywhere, especially for text ha.
Okay, well, I doubt anyone will actually read this, but i suppose I can hope. But this is just plain ridiculousness over a post i deleted in under 5 minutes.
This is my private blog, my blog that no one ever looks at. I made a post in regards to an individual who said their reason to modify was because they had no natural beauty. That they were happy with themselves but no one else found them attractive, and that mods would make other people find them attractive. That more mods would make their boyfriend find them attractive as well. She got two piercings purely because her new boyfriend said it would make her more sexually appealing. Upon discussing with her, she expressed no real interest in bodymod as a whole, or even what she was doing to herself. It was all purely for the sake of other’s opinions.
I do not believe anyone should change their appearance for the sake of others, especially if it involves doing something to yourself that you have no interest in. Tattooing, piercing, stretching, dying your hair, or changing what you wear to suit the opinions of others when it is not something that interests you is something i could never condone. Especially if it is not to make yourself feel more attractive, but to make you feel like others will accept your appearance.
I find bodymod and style to be beautiful things. I believe if someone can do something to make themselves more comfortable in their own skin, that they should do it. But to change yourself in ways you don’t like to make others “like you more”, is an absurd concept to me. Upon realizing i could easily be misinterpreted i promptly deleted the post, but sadly for me there was no way to delete where it spread. So as an informative point to anyone who may have clicked this with no desire to read, here is a quick list.
The important notes:
- I have no issues with bodymod if the person is modding for their own sake, and not due to what they think will please others.
- This is my personal blog that is hardly ever viewed, and i often reblog mods and styles that I particularly enjoy or find inspiration from.
- I myself have 7 piercings, and 8 that I have taken out. My hair is currently black, and has been every color but green. I made those choices out of personal preference.
- Almost all of my friends have some form of body modifications. Including my boyfriend. His goals for mod involve various piercings and large gauge stretchings, implants, full arm sleeves, calf sleeves, hand tattoos, face tattoos, chest pieces, back pieces, and stomach pieces. I accept this completely, because he wants these mods to make himself happier with his own body.
- The post i made inciting all of these negative messages, was taken down within 5 minutes because i realized it was too vague and misinterpretable for the internet.
- I in no way think i am better than people with more modifications than myself. I do however believe, i am walking a smarter path of only getting what i want done to myself, than people who would semi-permanently/permanently change their bodies in ways they do not necessarily like in order to appease the tastes of others.
If you have read this far, or any of this at all, i admire your willingness to an open mind. Having to type all of this is ridiculous in itself, but there is really nothing else i can do about the spreading post, hate, and deathwishes.
Also, I would never in my right mind tell you to kill yourself. The "fuck off, dingus" was merely stating that what you said needed to be disposed of. So, don't listen to stupid people telling you to kill yourself. You obviously have a 100% logic explanation about what you posted.
I’m glad you’re not one of the may insisting I should, shocking coming from a place that is usually so adamantly against having people commit suicide. I guess I’ll either have to change my url, hope people will stop messaging me and the post will die, or that somehow people may actually look at my page before passing judgement
Exactly, this is Tumblr. So whatever you post, and when it sounds like you're posting about the entire modified community that have exotic hair styles and such, it makes you look like you are trying to bash on those girls. I am, however, sorry I assumed wrong. It is your Tumblr blog, but just be careful how you word such things.
Sadly i know that essentially none of the people who see that post will bother to think of context, the fact that it was from my personal tumblr, etc. I know they wont look on my page and see that I actually support body mod, but not for the wrong reasons (i.e. getting modded because you feel you have no natural beauty and thats what others like). I very much appreciate your apology, truly, and i thank you for being open minded to the idea that what i posted was open for interpretation and may not have meant what it seemed to. I deleted the post within 5 minutes,despite the fact that usually no one ever looks here, but alas, tumblr has a way of not living things down.
“Jacobs’s dioramas provide peeks into a world in which reality is presented in such exquisite detail it begins to look surreal.
The artist draws from art history and garden pest control brochures alike to create miniature 3D works of art, viewed through a circular glass lens. Viewers get the impression that they are looking into another realm, simultaneously natural and constructed, familiar and unknown. In a way, we get a taste for a fish’s life from inside the bowl.”
ROR • E
ROBIN OOD… I’m dying!
Okay so I come home from the hospital after going to visit my dad because he might be dying.
And my tumblr fills with hate because of a vague statement I made about one person, on my personal blog no one looks at, and I am swarmed with messages talking me down as a person and telling me to kill myself.
Why, today of all days, do people decide to look at my tumblr?